AV/IT Systems Programmer & Commissioner
Fearing’s Audio Video Security is seeking top talent to help us continue our growth while maintaining outstanding customer service. Join us in Madison, Wisconsin, ranked the #1 place to live in America by livability.com.
Fearing’s, the 2015 Dane County Small Business of the Year, is a design-build Low Voltage Systems Integrator with our core disciplines in Audio, Video, Security, and Voice/Data/Fiber Cabling Systems serving the commercial, education, healthcare, and government marketplace in the Upper Midwest since 1997.
COMPANY VISION: To leave a legacy of lasting partnerships and making a difference in the world.
MISSION STATEMENT: Create great customer experiences through our technology, innovation, and unrivaled team work.
CORE VALUES: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, & Charity
Status: Full time
Reports to: Assigned Project Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This is a professional position that is responsible for the programming and commissioning of AV and control systems, training, documentation, and service of AV systems installations. The person in this position will also assist the Project Manager to ensure that projects are completed to the customer’s satisfaction and obtaining project sign-offs.
- Programming of Crestron and other automation control systems used by Fearing’s.
- Assemble, test and commission equipment racks and systems built in-house.
- Onsite commissioning and training of AV systems.
- Perform service and support on commercial AV systems.
- Software configuration of AV DSP systems.
- Configuration and software support for Digital Signage Systems and Equipment.
- Service and Support of existing systems.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Associates degree in electronics or IT.
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 5 years of directly related experience.
- 2+ years regular Crestron programming experience with a high degree of proficiency.
- 2+ years of audio Biamp, Q-SYS, and BSS DSP programming.
- 3+ years’ experience in installing and/or servicing commercial AV systems.
- 2+ years’ experience integrating AV and Control Systems onto IT networks.
- CTS Certifications preferred but not required.
- A “can-do” attitude that performs with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office: Word Excel Etc. Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Credible References check, Drug Screening, and Background Check will be conducted.
- Competitive Industry Pay Based on Experience
- Paid Leave and Vacations
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Package
- Must be capable of climbing extension and steps ladders and lifting over 80lbs without assistance.
This is an abbreviated job description that covers a general overview of the position.
Email us at email@example.com. Put “employment” in the subject line.
Fearing’s was excellent to work with and very creative! They provided great ideas and really managed to work with our needs and deliver customized solutions in a smart way. They just made it easy for us to get it done and manage it after.
Shaun, Manager, The Safe House
Over 95% of our customers give Fearing’s an
8, 9 or 10 out of 10
for customer satisfaction.