Fearing’s Audio Video Security is seeking top talent to help us continue our growth while maintaining outstanding customer service. Join us in Madison, Wisconsin, ranked the #1 place to live in America by livability.com.
Fearing’s, the 2015 Dane County Small Business of the Year, is a design-build Low Voltage Systems Integrator with our core disciplines in Audio, Video, Security, and Voice/Data/Fiber Cabling Systems serving the commercial, education, healthcare, and government marketplace in the Upper Midwest since 1997.
COMPANY VISION: To leave a legacy of lasting partnerships and making a difference in the world.
MISSION STATEMENT: Create great customer experiences through our technology, innovation, and unrivaled team work.
CORE VALUES: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, & Charity
Status: Full time
Reports to: Assigned Project Manager
Date Prepared: 07-14-2017
JOB SUMMARY: The Network/Cable Installation Apprentice is an entry level position open for individuals who want to advance in the low voltage (structured cabling, AV, security, automation, etc.) industry. The apprentice will assist in the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of voice, video, data, and fiber optic cabling systems.
A successful apprentice will have the opportunity to advance into leading structured cabling projects and/or move into other verticals within the low voltage industry.
- Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, and Fiber Optic Systems.
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and Low Voltage Code.
- Install IT closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment.
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices.
- Perform work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Attend training and safety meetings. Work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment. Demonstrate safe working practices to other technicians.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builds, completing safety reports, keeping safety meeting minutes, maintaining log books, providing labor summary reports, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years employment history that demonstrates, via references, that you are a highly motivated and dependable individual.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Credible References Drug Screening and Background Check will be conducted.
- Pay Based on quality of references and any previous experience.
- Health Benefits.
- Retirement Package.
This is an abbreviated job description that covers a general overview of the position.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “employment” in the subject line.[/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][/rad_page_section][rad_page_section id=’RAD_QLQ2QLRLA0L0769HO6VOXQ414RWIWJMJ’ last=’true’ classes=” visibility=” background_opts=” background_color=’ ‘ background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=’horizontal’ start_gr=’ ‘ end_gr=’ ‘ video_url=” border_top_width=’0′ border_top_color=’ ‘ border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=’0′ border_bottom_color=’ ‘ border_bottom_type=” ][/rad_page_section]