Fearing’s Audio Video Security are Madison’s Home Security Experts
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to come home and find your house had been ransacked? Maybe the crooks got away with cash and some of your personal items, but did they also damage your property, and steal things you can never replace?
Here’s some surprising FBI numbers you should know about home burglaries:
- Every 14.5 seconds a robbery is reported.
- Most burglaries take place between 10am and 3pm, when the majority of homeowners are at work.
- The majority of burglars gain entry to the home via the front door, back door, or first floor windows.
- Just 13% of reported burglaries are solved by police.
- Only 15% of stolen property is ever recovered.
There’s also one more fact about home burglaries; if your home doesn’t have a security system, it is twice as likely to be targeted by a crook. So, a home security system does much more than protect your valuables. It can give you peace of mind in knowing you and your family are safe and secure at home.
Here are 5 ways a Security System can shield you, your family and your home from harm:
- Protect your family from intruders: The biggest reason a homeowner should consider installing a home security system is the protection it offers to to family members from intruders. FBI statistics show the presence of an alarm system may be enough to protect your home from a break-in; but if you are home, can also provide enough warning to get to a safe location while your security system calls police.
- Protect your valuables: You may have collected or purchased items; from sentimental to big ticket, that have a special meaning to you. But you may only think about the monetary value of the things the crook got away with after a burglar has been in your home. The average loss per burglary is estimated to cost a homeowner more than $1700.00, and a home alarm system is a small price to pay in comparison. Many include cameras installed which can catch the burglar in the act to help I.D. the thief.
- Protect your home: a home security system provides families with peace of mind knowing their home is protected in all types of situations. This can include a security system that monitors all areas of the home, and dispatches for authorities if needed whether it is children of working parents, military spouses, or the elderly who are staying at the home alone.
- An extra eye to monitor your home: a big benefit to having a home security system is the constant monitoring of your property, even when you are unable to do so yourself. Going on vacation? Leaving town for work? Your home is safely being monitored and someone will respond if there is an emergency. Home security systems are able to respond to alarms triggered as a result of a house fire, a carbon monoxide leak, a significant temperature drop or increase, an intruder, or a natural disaster such as a flood. If you don’t have the extra eyes of a monitoring company, the damage can be much worse. Save on homeowner’s insurance
- A home alarm system may cut your cost of homeowners insurance: the total discount given as a result of homes having security systems differs based upon the features of the system (for instance, a system monitored by a central monitoring station should provide a larger discount compared to one that is not monitored), the amount of coverage purchased initially, and the company offering the insurance. But in general, homeowners can often receive a 10-20% discount on their insurance by having a functioning home alarm system installed.